Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mattise, Van Gogh or Picasso?

I believe that every child can learn to draw.  Its just like learning to read, sure it might come easier for some than for others, but they can all be taught.  I am constantly amazed at the creativity and artistic abilities of children.  All they need is a little guidance

Here are some pictures that my kids have drawn in art class this year (all but one are Breck's).  Breck says that he either wants to be a carpet-installer like his Dad or an artist when he grows up.  I think he has a good start on the artist.

The first two pictures are flowers in a vase.


The next picture is of his favorite hero...Larry Boy.


Space.


A Boy's Face.


Autumn saw her big brother drawing a face and decided she should draw one too.  Autumn loves color...LOTS of color.  I absolutely love this picture.  It really has quite a lot of emotion in it.
I swear it looks as good as some stuff that I've seen in art galleries!  Do we still have child labor laws?

JOKE, people, a joke!

4 comments:

Leah said...

These are really good, I'm impressed! Your kids might have to give me some art lessons :)

The Salisburys said...

VERY GOOD! These are awesome!:)

Carrie said...

I vote NO to Van Gogh. He was a little off his rocker there towards the end...

Unknown said...

Very impressive. You have a couple little artists on your hands:-)