Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Survival

I have to confess...there have been times in my life that I wished I could be Super Woman. Hey, there have even been times for a few hours or a couple days that I thought maybe I was Super Woman. You know, those days when you get up on time, read your Bible, get everything on your to-do list accomplished, have a nice dinner set on the table on time and have time to soak in the tub after supper........wow! its been too long. I can't even remember the last time I had a nice soak in the tub! Anyway, I have no such allusions today. Nope. My hope is just to survive today.

Take, for instance, yesterday...I had very simple goals: clean both bathrooms, clean my very dirty lawn chairs, and take my kids to VBS. That doesn't sound too hard does it? That's what I thought. At the end of the day the sum total of it was this: I had 95% of one bathroom cleaned. THAT'S IT. My husband ended up cleaning the lawn chairs and taking the kids to VBS.

So today I get to clean the other bathroom. We'll forget about the 5% on the other bathroom that didn't get done. Plus, I need to do laundry....this is sounding like an overwhelming day already! At this point, I'll be happy if I accomplish anything. I better start by making sure my kids don't starve...so here's to Survival...Cheers.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Wow, it's been one of those days/weeks for me, too! Glad to hear I'm not the only one! :o