Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bye, Bye Clifford!

Nothing tears apart your heart as much as hearing your child tearfully and sorrowfully say, "Bye, bye Clifford." Yes, its that time of year when a mother out of shear desperation goes through her children's rooms and gets rid of their precious belongings so that other members of the family can walk through their room without getting maimed. I really do hate throwing away their things, but children have an uncanny ability to collect the most worthless and pointless items-like half pieces of Easter eggs, sea shells (I won't mention who gave them those), tons of scrapes of paper that they have drawn on that of course can not be thrown away!....And then there are the toys that they don't play with anymore or have half the pieces missing. After a while I just can't take it and I take to "ruthless purging," as I heard one Mother call it. This is much more easily done if the kids are nowhere in sight. Otherwise they're going through the bags crying over the things you've put in there. I was a softy and pulled one doll back out after Autumn dissolved into tears upon seeing it.

But, Aaahhhh, the wonderful feeling when its done and their rooms are clean and neat and organized (at least for one whole day)-its worth all the pain. So, here I go...back to the cleaning.

2 comments:

The Salisburys said...

I am actually getting ready to 'purge' both of my kiddos rooms...including clothes. It does make me feel so much better when is's done!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. As for school we start a week from Monday! Is Breck excited? Luke seems to be!

Have a great day!

Rowana said...

They get so much stuff!!! Where does it come from???

Not sure how excited Breck is about starting school. I think I'm more excited about teaching then he is about learning. Need I say more?!